At Tesco Ireland, we aim to serve our customers a little better every day. One of the ways we do this is by helping our customers, our colleagues, their families and our communities live healthier lives
Food is at the heart of our business - through the products we sell and the way we sell them, we can help to make it easier to live healthily and promote wellbeing for all.
Making the healthy option easy and enjoyable
Our approach is about making the healthy option easy and enjoyable for our customers and colleagues through helpful actions and advice. Some of the ways in which we're doing this include:
- We’re continuously working to reduce the calories, fat, sugar and salt and increase fruit, veg and fibre content of our products without compromising on taste or quality.
- We are promoting helpful initiatives to encourage customers to make better choices.
- We have taken steps to introducing leaner, healthier choices in our key categories, including Meat, Fish & Poultry, Bakery and Free From, our alternative range to help customers who have dietary needs such as coeliac disease.
- We were the first retailer to remove sweets and chocolate from our checkouts and will continue to maintain this initiative.
- Continuing to provide clear nutritional labelling on our packs.
Customers with dietary and lifestyle needs
We also want to make sure there are no barriers to food choices for our customers with dietary and lifestyle needs. We are proud to have won the Free From Product Range of the Year award at the annual Free From Food Awards, four years in a row.
These Awards celebrate and recognise excellence in the field of Free From food production and supply. As well as the Product Range award, we also took home nine gold, 11 silver, eight bronze and eight merit awards, for a wide range of individual products within the range.